The Ceremony Decor

I've been looking more and more at actual ceremony decor. We will be getting married in the courtyard of the hotel, and it is somewhat of a blank canvas. Included in our "site fee" are the white folding chairs in the picture at the bottom of this post. They are very pretty on their own, but I love the look of this little doo-dad below. I'm not sure I would use just our names, but perhaps a monogram and a quote or a few different quotes and just spread them out randomly throughout the chairs.


A picture of them all together...


Examples of Quotes I might use:
  • When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. ~Nora Ephron, When Harry Met Sally
  • Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery
  • Come, let's be a comfortable couple and take care of each other! How glad we shall be, that we have somebody we are fond of always, to talk to and sit with. ~Charles Dickens
  • Grow old with me! The best is yet to be. ~Robert Browning
  • My love as deep; the more I give to thee,The more I have, both are infinite.~William Shakespeare
Wouldn't the chairs look pretty with white paper, a copper border, and navy ribbon?
So this is the actual courtyard where we will be gettin' hitched.

And in the evening...

I am also looking at aisle runners. I've seen everything from simple white to crazy patterns, but I like the look of a white runner with a simple design about 3/4 of the way up the aisle. Maybe a monogram that will match the back of the chairs, or we might just go simple with the the first initial of *R*'s last name.


I'm not a big fan of throwing the date on there, but I like the general idea of this runner.

I've found a few websites that show me how I can make my own aisle runner for about half of the price I could purchase one for. Of course this assumes that I have some sort of artistic talent and/or patience in order to finish such a task...

I'm still debating the whole thing. A part of me is torn on the entire aisle-runner debate.
I just reached a new low. I'm having an internal struggle over aisle runners. Cry for me.
Then you have the great Monogram Debate of 2009.
The marketing major in me looks at this whole monogramming trend as an attempt to brand and market yourselves as a couple. That you and your loved one are a 'product' that fits into some perfect little mold. That people will see your monogram and think, "Now THERES a couple that has their act together. They must really love each other because the first letters of their name look so pretty when you set them right next to each other"!
Then there is the evil, girly, bridal side of me that says, "But it's soooo pretty! And monograms mean we're a real married couple! And everyone else has a monogram so I need one too or else people won't really believe that we're getting married"!




http://changeisconsistent.blogspot.com/2009/01/ceremony-decor.html
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive